Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Scenes from the Panic of '08

"Coffee? Who needs coffee? All I have to do is go to the trading floor and inhale the panic, and I'm wired for the next eight hours."

Merrill analyst on the sale of Merrill to Bank of America: "I didn't go through this whole interview process to work at a commercial bank."

Anonymous Goldman Sachs exec: "I lost half my net worth in the last month!"
Broad Street Shoe Shine Guy: "That splash you hear is my heart bleeding for you."

German Chancellor Angela Merkel: " . . .the Bush administration has mishandled Wall Street, and . . . its refusal to adopt stricter rules led to the current crisis."

Anonymous Morgan Stanley analyst: "Where's my toaster?"

Warren Buffet: "The pie is always getting bigger. Especially my piece."

Tom Brokaw: And while you're at it, how about bailing these people out?
Me and everybody else I know: "I'd like a piece of that too, please."

No comments: