Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Songs for a Tuesday Morning: Talk-Show Religion and Soap Opera Love

Where were we?  Oh yeah--David Byrne.  To continue:

My favorite Talking Heads song? The incredibly depressing one with the uplifting tune.

AMANDA:  "Psycho Killer?'
MATTHEW:  Okay--the OTHER incredibly depressing one with the uplifting tune.
AMANDA:  "Once In A Lifetime?"
MATTHEW:  No, it's--
AMANDA:  "Burning Down  The House?"
MATTHEW:  NO!  It's THIS incredibly depressing song with the great uplifting tune:


Road to Nowhere


As for my favorite David Byrne solo album? The one that has this cover: 



My favorite David Byrne solo song? Track 11. 

The first 30 seconds? Not bad. The next 3 minutes? Brilliant. Thanks to the horns.  Listen to those horns. Listen to what they do and where they go starting at the 2:10 mark.  They're so good they make you think you can dance salsa without a single lesson.

This is happy. 

This is great stuff. 

This is exactly what you need to hear during a second straight week of gray crappy rainy weather to make you feel, well,--

AMANDA:  Glad to be alive?
MATTHEW:  Well, I wouldn't go that far.
AMANDA:  Try it some time.

Lie To Me

1 comment:

amanda said...

I feel honored. my 15 seconds of fame! Although I'll admit: I didn't say any of those things. xoxoxox